The Statement of Faith is an essential foundation for our ministry. We believe:
- That the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are inspired by God, inerrant in the original writings serving as the infallible authoritative Word of God for faith and life.
- There is one living and true God, the Creator, who exemplifies Himself as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus is both fully God and fully man, born of the virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, died on the cross to pay our debts, physically rose from the dead, ascended into heaven, is seated at the right hand of the Father, and will return to establish His reign.
- Jesus Christ is the only mediator between God and man interceding on behalf of those who accept Him as Lord and Savior. His death on the cross served as an atoning sacrifice, and whoever believes in Him and repents of their sins is justified on the ground of His shed blood.
- That God created mankind, both male and female, in His image, that mankind sinned by disobeying God resulting in both physical and spiritual death, that because of the fall every human being is born into sin and stands guilty before God.
- Salvation is a wholly free gift of Grace given solely by God and is not the work, in whole or in part, of human works or goodness or religious ceremony. God extends His righteousness to those who place their faith in Christ alone for their salvation and thereby justified them in His sight.
- The Holy Spirit reveals and glorifies Christ and continues the saving work of Christ to individuals. The Holy Spirit convicts and draws sinners to Christ, delivers new life to them, dwells within new believers, empowers and guides believers into godly living, and seals them until the day of redemption.
- That the resurrection of the dead includes all mankind, the believer to life everlasting and the unbeliever to eternal condemnation.
- That God created the world as described in the book of Genesis, that He created male and female in His image ascribing gender biologically at conception and establishing marriage between one man and one woman as the first covenant relationship.
- In the value and sanctity of human life from conception until natural death.
- That adoption is the gospel and is presented as the means God uses to bring new believers into His family. Adoption is also affirmed in Scripture, demonstrated by the adoption of Moses and the adoption of Christ by his earthly father Joseph.
- That Christ called all believers to proclaim the Gospel throughout the world and to disciple people of every nation. We believe that adoption is part of fulfilling this calling.
The scripture references below are not exhaustive but represent many of the passages that attribute to this statement of faith. The statement of faith above is not limited to only these passages.
2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:19-21; Deuteronomy 4:2, 6:4; Psalm 119:89; Romans 15:4; Ephesians 1:4-5; John 1:1-3; Colossians 1:15-16; John 1:4; Matthew 1:18-24; Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14; Ephesians 2:18; Revelations 1:4-6; 2 Corinthians 5:21; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; Hebrews 10:12; 1 Timothy 2:5; John 16:8-11; John 3:5-6; 1 Corinthians 6:19; John 14:16-17; Ephesians 1:13-14; Acts 1:8; 1 Corinthians 12:4-11; Romans 15:16; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18; 1 Peter 1:3-5; 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10; Genesis 2:17; Romans 3:9-10, 19-23; Romans 6:23; Ephesians 2:1-3, 8, 13; Ephesians 3:24-26; John 5:28-29; Matthew 25:31-34; Romans 6:4-5; Revelation 20:15; John 1:12, 5, 24; Romans 3:20, 27-28; Romans 5:1-2; Ephesians 2:8-10, Colossians 1:13-14, 2 Timothy 1:9; Titus 3:4-5, Ephesians 1:4-5.